I look forward to my eggnog lattes all year. They’re my holiday time guilty pleasure and part of Christmas for me. But then I discovered I have a dairy intolerance. I was worried that might be the end of my beloved eggnog lattes, until…I created my vegan eggnog recipe! It’s so close to the real thing and the best part is, my version has no refined sugar and no nasties! It’s 100% vegan and it’s delicious!
Vegan Eggnog Latte Recipe
- 3/4 cup oat milk, barista version if possible
- 1/4 cup oat cream alternative (I use Oatly)
- 4-6 small pitted dates or 2-4 medjool dates, depending on how sweet you like your drink
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 2 shots freshly made espresso
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan or microwave safe glass bowl and gently heat until very warm (nearly hot, but do not allow to boil). Meanwhile, add the espresso to a mug. Blend oat milk mixture in a blender until completely smooth and pour into your mug. Your latte should already be quite frothy but feel free to use a frother to add more froth, if desired. Top with a sprinkling of nutmeg.
Tip: This also works beautifully as a traditional alcoholic eggnog. Skip the espresso and add your favourite booze instead!