I promised an update to my New Year Resolutions, so here it is! I wanted to do something a little different this time so I have recorded a video update to my blog post New Year, old me, where I talk through some of my resolutions.
I realised after I finished recording that I had forgotten to mention my resolutions to make more time for myself and to have time alone time with my husband – I am happy to report that both have been successful! We have had our first date night of 2019 a couple of weeks ago while my lovely mother-in-law looked after the kids and further date nights are planned for at least monthly. I have also started making time for myself by:
- having a facial once a month;
- having some ‘me time’ every Sunday for an hour or two while my husband looks after the kids;
- putting my daughter in crèche for a couple hours once a week while I have a coffee and work on my blog;
- taking my daughter to a class once a week where she plays with the other toddlers and I get to talk to my new mummy friends; and
- meeting a friend for dinner once a month.
I am also going to bed a bit earlier and getting more sleep. It really has made such a difference to my wellbeing!
I hope you enjoy my video!
If the sound doesn’t work for you on the blog, my video is also available on YouTube: New Year, old me: update!
Lots of love,